Weekly progress ( PVC and self reinforcing structures)

This week we got a lot of work done, first and foremost we purchased another PVC pipe 6 foot long with a 4″ diameter and have begun to drill holes one inch apart, identical to the specifications of our original design, since our last one unfortunately caught fire. We think the quality of this new pipe will be more flame resistant, we also fire proofed our speaker by wrapping it in aluminum foil. Then on our “off day” we used the $107 worth of duct tape a fellow group purchased for their project to experiment with the physics of self-reinforcing structures. With the amount of work our group has completed lately we think we deserve an A. Hopefully the “fire tube” will be ready for a second debut, sometime early next week

20131009-104541.jpg

20131011-112623.jpg

20131011-112709.jpg

20131011-112828.jpg

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s