Prairie Dog Trap (Box Trap)

Within the last month and a half we had created a prairie dog trap. We attempted to create the “box trap” because there was a need for it in our community church for a spoof play that they were presenting for a fund raiser to help with the mission trip they were going on. The trap took us about a month to develop. That included the plan and design and the building. When building the trap there was lots of wood that we happen to use. We would use plywood as a bottom base to help keep the trapped in4/4. We had this bottom because of the fact that prairie dogs can dig, so that was used to prevent that. 2/4’s, 2/6’s and also we used to make the top part. We made something like a box but the bottom was the large platform. Using chicken wire was handy just so that way it made it more realistic trap. We made it so that way it was like an alligators mouth. Then the prairie dog would inter the trap then it would close down. The hinges is what made that possible. Some of our struggles were that we couldn’t decide on a way to make the trap shut. There is so many ways that the trap couldn’t of been sprung. We wanted to go with a pulley way. What we did was tied a rope on a 2/4 that held the upper part of the trap up. We were able to pull it with the rope to make it close. This happen to be useful, and highly affective. The trap was a success and we had a lot of fun and helped out the church!

Standard

Lava Lamp/Bottle rocket help-a-long

In this project another group decided to try and make a lava lamp using alka seltzer  and vegetable oil and water and food dye. They allowed us to piggy back along and help out. So what was happening was there was a two leter bottle that we took and filled it halfway with water then took food coloring and put vegy oil in the other half then inserted alka seltzer tablets and as they fizzed they made water bubbles that were colored push up into the oil then go back down sense the water separated and sat below the oil. The problems that we had challenged in this project was there weren’t enough supplies so we had to down grade bottles to a smaller one which led to a gatorade bottle. Then we ran out of oil so we had to go and borrow more from the kitchen. Then we almost ran out of food coloring but mrs.Roberson is nice enough to lend us some of hers that she had in her room. This project was fun and it was really cool to see the water balls move through the oil like that.

 

The next project we helped with was the blowing up of a bottle. We used vinegar, baking powder and some alka seltzer. We took a 2 leter bottle and went outside and mixed them into the bottle and placed it in the parking lot. Then we noticed that the bottle stopped making pressure and didn’t explode. This sucked so we had to go out and throw the bottle around until it kept making pressure. Well it started hissing and i took it and threw it up and it hit the ground blew off the cap and then blasted off faster than anyone expected it to. It went so fast that if you weren’t paying attention to the bottle or blinked you would have missed it. This is always a fun project to do because it involves some sort of boom. I had a lot of fun being apart of this project.

Standard

Rick and Morty

With this project, which we didn’t Finnish, the plan was to pick out every form of science type of adventure within the episodes. There was things from portal gun, dream time travel, and some other fun science types like that. One thing that we know of would happen to be the dream travel. The explanation that was told within the show was that, if you were to go into a dream the time would slow down 100 tenths of a second. Rick and Morty would go in to dream then into another dream within the current dream that they are in. Time in the first dream was at no motion or slowed down  a lot. The first dream which was the objective in the first place was slowed down to 400 times a second, they used this amount of time to fix problems that Mortys father had produced. That is as far as we had got with the project. We had published it to youtube but within the process it had gotten ruined and the video no longer plays as of where it stands. It was enjoyable and there was a lot of fun within doing this project.

Standard